2016 was a crazy whirlwind and like most people I couldn’t wait for midnight to strike and for a new year to happen. A lot has happened in the year, both positive and negative, which has given 2016 the title of worst year ever. I like to try and see it from a different light and think about all the lessons I learned which has helped me go into 2017 feeling good about myself and feeling more content than ever. I thought I’d share some of those lessons /advice/tips to life with you..
- It’s okay to be stressed out
- Sometimes the best of friends need a break apart
- Do more things that make you happy
- Don’t be afraid to do something different in your life
- It’s never too late to be yourself
- Never give up on your goals (e.x. I’m back to blogging)
- The less time I spend on my phone the better I feel
- Surround yourself with loved ones more
- Make time for yourself
- Buy less expensive things rather than more cheap things
- Live in a clean room/house/dorm/office
- Think more positively
All of these things are relatively simple but I was constantly telling myself subconsciously that I shouldn’t go out and I shouldn’t do what I wanted to and every time I talked myself down or out of an activity the worse and worse I felt. I can honestly say that while I hate walking up at 6:00 every morning, I wake up feeling better and having better days. This feeling started happening in late November when I started making more time for my friends, family and myself. The rest of my life kind of worked out from there. It’s a lot simpler than we let ourselves believe. There were people I wish I didn’t leave behind but I will always cherish the happy times I spent with them and I hope they all do well. Overall, I hope everyone has a happier, healthier and a better 2017 because after the last year the world had I think we all deserve it.